You're an intermediate English speaker.
You understand native speakers when we speak, and it sounds really easy.
But when you speak, you can't find the right words.
Every day, native speakers use modal verbs in common conversational situations. This course will help you use them too.
I know you already learned modal verbs in school, and probably already know the uses.
But this course is about how native English speakers use them in everyday conversation.
And if you're like most English learners, you probably don't use enough modal verbs when you speak, because even if you've studied the uses, you're still unsure.
In this course, we will talk about:
- Getting your ears pierced when you were a child.
- Going to parties when you were a teenager.
- Improving your life with self-driving cars.
- Guessing the use of artifacts from the British Museum.
- Asking a stranger for directions to the subway station.
- Politely requesting a reference from your boss.
- Giving your friend advice about her boyfriend.
- Making suggestions to a colleague about her career.
- Regretting something that you purchased.
- Explaining to someone how to make tea.
- Talk about the amazing skills that had when you were a child.
- Possibilities for why your friend is late, and hasn't sent any text messages.
- When you expect your flight to arrive.
- Recommend a new restaurant.
- The strange phrase that native speakers use to thank people for a gift.
- ...and much more!
These scenarios are part of the a free PDF Activity Book. It contains real-life and fictional scenarios to help you practice.
Don't ignore how powerful modal verbs are to English fluency.
English subtitles are available on ALL videos!
I am an experienced instructor who creates personalized English programs. You are welcome to join me from anywhere in the world. My clients have included: the director of a school, an airport security offer, a customer service manager, a surgeon, and numerous clients at the Government of Canada.
Each client's experience with me is different. My teaching style builds confidence, and transforms people from shy and doubtful about their ability to speak English, to people who can communicate effectively.
I am friendly, professional, and extremely patient. I promise that you will not be afraid to speak with me.
So if you're ready to start speaking English now, I'm here for you. Just sign up!